Saturday, March 1, 2008

Penang Bridge



We decided to take a drive across the Penang Bridge. Actually we wanted to go to the bird park and needed to cross the bridge to get there. The movie starts at the beginning and ends halfway across the bridge. It took us about 7 minutes to drive across it!
The total length of the bridge is 13.5 km (8.4 miles), making it among the longest bridges in the world, the longest bridge in the country as well as a national landmark. It is also the longest bridge in Southeast Asia.

1 comment:

Rachel D said...

I hadn't thought about you all driving on the left side of the road. Do you sometimes walk up to the wrong side of the car - haha. I think driving across a bridge that big in an area with earthquakes would freak me out but I'm glad you are braver and more level-headed than I am! Gotta live life!