Monday, October 6, 2008

Splish, Splash

There was finally a break in the lovely rain we've been enjoying, so we went for a walk. Of course with all the rain, we found puddles. And as any parent knows, puddles are very difficult for toddlers, children and even some adults to avoid.

Our little angel loves puddles!






She quickly ran and jumped exuberantly into the puddles along our walk. Her pant bottoms were soaked, but her delight was unlimited. I enjoyed watching Ms. A play in the puddles and hearing her laughter.
After her adventures in the water, we completed our walk. We were almost to our home when Ms. A's sad little voice stated: "I need to stop. There's something in my shoe!" When I asked her if it was hard or squishy, she replied, "Squishy!" Reed and I had to explain to her that the puddles that brought her such joy also were the culprit behind her squishy feet. Ms. A was not to happy about that consequence. As we continued home, we were slowed down by her constant tugs. When asked why she has slowed her pace, she replied: "I'm walking on my back toe." It took me a minute to figure out that her back toe was her heel. I told her the name of that body part and she quickly corrected her statement. When we arrived home, we had to show her the wet socks and pants and explain to her that they were the reason she was uncomfortable.
I guess we need to invest in a pair of galoshes for the winter time. :)

Photo from

No comments: