Thursday, October 30, 2008

Magic Pumpkin Patch

There is magic in the Nelson home. Earlier in the week, I posted up a piece of paper with the words The Magic Pumpkin Patch. Ms. A and I said the magical words: "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo," held our breathe and made a magical wish. As the week progressed, we were delighted to see the magic in action. First some roots, then a wisp of a vine and soon there were vines twirling all around. Next came some more magical words. When we woke up the next morning yellow blossoms had appeared! Some more words and two days later we spied PUMPKINS growing on the vine. Ms. A was delighted to take the non-slippery insides out to discover candy!

I loved watching her excitement and anticipation as the patch grew.

idea from Mother Goose

2 comments:

Sara said...

What a very cute idea!! I'll have to try it next year.... And I'm sure Abigail's Daddy was excited too to find pumpkins full of candy instead of slimy insides.

Marika said...

That is such a clever idea!!!