Friday, July 3, 2009

Sweet Peas

As soon as the first hints of Spring arrived and stayed in our part of the world, Ms A and I planted some seeds. She was so excited to see what would come up. We planted a little garden and a few Sweet Peas in our flower beds.

Typically, we can grow a nice little garden with corn, carrots, beans, peas and tomatoes. This year, the only luck we've had are the sugar snow peas, peas, tomatoes, squash and few peppers Aunt Sara gave us, after a neighborhood cat ate ours.

Normally, I haven't had much luck in the growing 'flowers from seeds' department, so I was reluctant to buy them, but Ms A insisted, especially since they were her nickname. I was shocked and amazed at the height/length (some 30 inches) and blossoms from our Sweet Peas. They went crazy! It must have been the magic words we said as we planted the seeds. :) My Sweet Pea loves to compare her height to the flowers.

Our side flower bed: I was amazed to see purple and red blossoms on the same plant. (check out the height of the plant, the clematis is about 5 feet tall)I love the detail capturedPretty colorsFlowers from the Snow Peas

No comments: