Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dessert Tonight

Reed's former manager from Penang is here for a visit, so Reed invited him over for dinner.

Check out we're having.
I went into sugar overload from trying a taste of the raspberry chocolate ganache and the cheesecake pudding/whipped topping mixture. Would it be bad to start with dessert and eat the lasagna afterwards? :)

And yes it was totally, sinfully delicious! :) And we have leftovers. I'll be paying for this for a while!

Here's the recipe:

Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle

1 cup milk
1 pkg. white chocolate instant pudding
1 16 oz. container cool whip
1 12 oz. box of Nilla wafers (broken in half)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 12 oz. jar seedless raspberry jam
1 12 oz. bag frozen raspberries (not in syrup)

For filling, combine milk and pudding mix;whisk until it starts to thicken. Reserve 1/2 cup cool whip and gently fold the remaining cool whip into the pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate. For ganache, combine chocolate chips, 1/2 cup cool whip and half of the jam and microwave for 40-60 seconds, or until melted. Stir until smooth. Place remaining jam in bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until melted. gently stir in thawed raspberries. Set aside 16 whole cookies for garnish.

To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cookies into bottom of the trifle bowl. layer 1/3 of raspberry mixture over cookies. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture and 1/3 of ganache. Repeat layers two more times, finishing with a smooth layer of ganache. Place the reserved whole cookies into top of trifle.

Recipe from Pampered Chef

4 comments:

jamieleighcall said...

That looks absolutely sinful. My mouth is watering! Wish I was there to have a taste.

Bekah: said...

yum-o!

Cindy said...

Woah, Heather, that looks amazing! You need to share the recipe, I am drooling right now!

The Grant Family said...

Mmmmmmmm! Thanks for posting the recipe, now I don't have to ask for it!